My Quick Review of this Book:
How long of a Read:
- Medium Read (5-6 hours)
- Changing the mindset from downstream reaction to upstream intervention
- Lots of examples for applying upstream thinking to various areas of our lives
- 3 Barriers to Upstream Thinking
- Problem Blindness, A Lack of Ownership, Tunneling
- 7 Questions for Upstream Leaders
- How will you unite the right people?
- How will you change the system?
- Where can you find a point of leverage?
- How will you get early warning of the problem?
- How will you know you are succeeding?
- How will you avoid doing harm?
- Who will pay for what does NOT happen?
What Could Be Better:
- Some concepts may be obvious to some readers and some of the chapters feel long drawn out
To explore further or buy the book on Amazon: